Traditions and Encounters, AP Edition (Bentley), 5th Edition
Early Societies in Southwest Asia and the Indo-European Migrations
When you have finished studying this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Discuss the early development of Sumer.
- Compare and contrast the Mesopotamian empires.
- Describe the significant developments of specialization and trade in the Mesopotamian economy.
- Explain the emergence of a stratified patriarchal society.
- Outline the causes and effects of a written cultural tradition in Mesopotamia.
- Discuss the influences of Mesopotamian civilization on other regional societies.
- Identify the key aspects and effects of the Indo-European migrations.