|Retailing and Wholesaling|
2. Know about the many kinds of retailers that work with producers and wholesalers as members of channel systems.
3. Understand the differences among the conventional and nonconventional retailers—including Internet merchants and others who accept the mass-merchandising concept.
4. Understand scrambled merchandising and the “wheel of retailing.”
5. See why size or belonging to a chain can be important to a retailer.
6. Know what progressive wholesalers are doing to modernize their operations and marketing strategies.
7. Know the various kinds of merchant wholesalers and agent middlemen and the strategies that they use.
8. Understand why retailing and wholesaling have developed in different ways in different countries.
9. See why the Internet is impacting both retailing and wholesaling.