The psychological viewpoint that favors the study of how the mind organizes perceptions, processes information, and interprets experiences is known as:
A _________ concept is formed by identifying the specific features possessed by all things that the concept applies to.
|D)||trial and error|
A problem-solving rule or procedure that, when followed step by step, assures that a correct solution will be found is known as:
|B)||trial and error|
A(n) ________ represents a general principle that guides problem solving, though it does not guarantee a correct solution.
The cognitive process known as _________ thinking occurs when an individual freely considers a variety of potential solutions to artistic, literary, scientific, or practical problems.
The inability to realize that a problem can be solved by using a familiar object in an unusual way is likely due to a mental set known as:
In decision making, the _______ represents the tendency to estimate the probability of an event by how easily relevant instances of it come to mind.
Patient Jones is told that an operation has a 10 percent chance of failure, whereas patient Smith is told that the same operation has a 90 percent chance of success. If Jones chooses not to have the surgery, while Smith chooses to have the surgery, to what psychological phenomenon could you attribute this outcome?
The characteristic of language marked by the ability to refer to objects and events that are not present is:
The set of rules that governs the proper use and combination of language symbols is
The smallest meaningful units of language are:
The phenomenon of _______ describes the application of grammatical rules without making necessary exceptions to them.
The use of single words to represent whole phrases or sentences is known as:
Speech marked by reliance on nouns and verbs, while omitting other parts of speech, including articles and prepositions represents:
_________ grammar involves the rules by which languages generate surface structures from deep structures, and deep structures from surface structures.