Frederick S Hillier,
Stanford University Gerald J Lieberman,
ISBN: 0073017795 Copyright year: 2005
Features of the 8th edition include:
* Substantial coverage of dramatic recent developments in the practice of operations research, including metaheuristics, constraint programming, multiechelon inventory models for supply chain management, and spreadsheet modeling.
* Up-to-date coverage of techniques, real-world applications, research trends, and end-of-chapter references.
* Our own unique tutorial software, including OR Tutor for illustrating various algorithms in action and an enhanced Interactive Operations Research (IOR) Tutorial for efficiently learning and executing algorithms interactively.
* A wealth of other software options, including MPL/CPLEX, LINDO, LINGO, various Excel add-ins and templates, Crystal Ball Professional Edition (including OptQuest and CP Predictor modules), Queueing Simulator, and Solver Table.
* Each book comes with a CD-ROM containing the aforementioned software.
* An abundance of supplementary textual material (including eight complete chapters) is provided on both the CD-ROM and the Online Learning Center (OLC).
* Several additional examples for nearly every book chapter are included on the CD-ROM and OLC.
* A glossary for every book chapter also is included on the CD-ROM and OLC.