|Guideposts for Study|
(See related pages)
- How has childbirth changed in developed countries?
- How does labor begin, what happens during each of the three stages of childbirth, and what alternative methods of delivery are available?
- How do newborn infants adjust to life outside the womb, and how can we tell whether a new baby is healthy and is developing normally?
- What complications of childbirth can endanger newborn babies? What are the prospects for infants with complicated births?
- What factors affect babies' chances of survival and health?
- What influences growth? How do the brain and senses develop?
- What are some early milestones in motor development? What are some influences on it?