Installation Walkthrough Videos
Before you begin, view the Show-Me walkthrough movies to learn how to install Medisoft Advanced Version 16 and the Student Data Files for your operating system.
Installing the “MI5e” Student Data File
- Download the Student AtHome Installation Instructions
. When it has finished downloading, open the file on your computer and print it.
- Click on the link for the MI5e
file and download the file to your computer desktop. This installer provides the patient database you will use to complete the Medisoft exercises in the textbook.
- Extract the files from MI5e.zip to your computer desktop using WinZip or another zip file extraction program.
- Follow the instructions in the Student AtHome Installation Instructions
document to install the Student Data Files on the computer.
- Do NOT to try to open the “MI5e” student data file until you have opened Medisoft first!
Installing Medisoft Advanced Version 16
Instructor Version: If you are using Medisoft at school, you do not need to install the Medisoft software, as your instructor will do this for you.
Student At-Home Version: If you are using the Student At-Home Version on your home computer, you will need to install both the Medisoft software and the “MI5e” Student Data File (described above).
- Download and print the Student AtHome Installation Instructions
document for your reference. (Questions about the necessary system requirements? Click here.)
- Place the Student At-Home CD in your CD drive.
- Follow the instructions in the PDF document to install the software.
- Remember to go to the instructions above to install the “MI5e” Student Data File if your computer does not have it.
Restore a chapter backup file Please view the attached walkthrough video for help with the backup and restore process in Medisoft. (The Guide mentioned at the end is something your instructor should have and not something you need.)
Medisoft® Advanced, Version 17 Student Data File
To download and open the Student Data File for Medisoft Version 17, follow these steps.
Note: The data file can only be used with a registered copy of Medisoft® Version 17 software. The software must be installed before the data file can be opened.
- Download the MI5e.zip
- When prompted by your Web browser, click [SAVE] and save the zip file to your desktop.
- Use a zip file extraction program to unzip the MI5e.mbk file to a folder on your hard drive (or network drive) where you will be saving your work during this course.
- From the Windows desktop, hold down the F7 key and use the Start menu to open Medisoft (click Start > All Programs > Medisoft > Medisoft Advanced). When the Find Medisoft Database dialog box appears, release the F7 key.
- Enter C:\Medidata (where C is the letter that represents the drive you will be using) and click OK.
- When the message, "This is not an existing root data directory. Do you want to create a new one?" appears, click Yes.
Note: If the Open Practice dialog box appears instead of this message, see if Valley Associates PC MI5e is already displayed in the list of practices. If so, click on it and then click the OK button and skip to step 10 below. If Valley Associates PC MI5e is not displayed in the list of practices, click the New button and then continue with step 8 below.
- When the Create Data dialog box is displayed, click the Create a New Set of Data option.
- When the Create a New Set of Data dialog box appears, enter Valley Associates PC in the upper box, and key VAPC in the lower box. Click the Create button. When the Confirm dialog box is displayed, click Yes.
- In the Practice Name box, key Valley Associates PC (the remaining boxes can remain blank). Click the Save button. The main window of the Medisoft program is displayed with the name of the new data set, VAPC Valley Associates PC, listed on the title bar.
- To restore the MI5e.mbk file to the new data set, select Restore Data on the File menu. When the Warning dialog box is displayed, click OK.
- At the top of the Restore dialog box, in the Backup File Path and Name field, use the Find button to locate the folder on the drive where you copied the MI5e.mbk file. With the appropriate folder selected, click the OK button.
- When you click the OK button, the MI5e.mbk file is displayed in the Existing Backup Files box. Click on the MI5e.mbk file to select it, and then click the Start Restore button.
- When the Confirm dialog box is displayed, click OK.
- After the database is restored, a message appears, indicating that the restore is complete. Click OK. Then click the Close button to close the Restore dialog box.
- The main Medisoft window reappears. The database is now ready for use.
NEED HELP? Contact the Digital CARE Support Team.
Visit our Digital CARE Support website at www.mhhe.com/support. Browse our FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions), product documentation, and/or contact a CARE support representative. The Digital CARE Support Team is available Sunday through Friday.