|Fitness Professionals, Coaches, and the Sports Medicine Team: Defining Roles|
- Define the umbrella term sports medicine.
- Identify various sports medicine organizations.
- Contrast athletic health care in organized versus recreational sport activities.
- Discuss how fitness professionals, including personal fitness trainers and strength and conditioning coaches, relate to the sports medicine team.
- Describe the role of an individual supervising a recreational program in athletic injury management.
- Analyze the role of the athletic administrator in the athletic healthcare system.
- Describe the role of the coach in injury prevention, emergency care, and injury management.
- Identify the responsibilities of the athletic trainer in dealing with the injured athlete.
- Describe the role of the team physician and his or her interaction with the athletic trainer.
- Explain how the sports medicine team should interact with the athlete.
- Identify other members of the sports medicine team and describe their roles.