|Pure Competition in the Short Run|
Premium content available for purchase is identified in the left-hand Navigation Menu by the asterisk (*) which precedes the content name. Premium Content on this OLC includes:
1. Digital Study Guide, written by William Walstad
2. Paul Solman Videos (Chapter Content)
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Give the names and summarize the main characteristics of the four basic market models.
- List the conditions required for purely competitive markets.
- Convey how purely competitive firms maximize profits or minimize losses in the short run.
- Explain why a competitive firm's marginal-cost curve is the same as its supply curve.