|Managing Service and Manufacturing Operations|
Premium content available for purchase is identified in the left-hand Navigation Menu by the asterisk (*) which precedes the content name. Premium
Content on this OLC includes:
1. Self-Assessments (Course-wide Content)After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
2. Test Your Knowledge (Course-wide Content)
3. McFarlane Companies (Course-wide Content)
4. McFarlane Video Quizzes (Course-wide Content)
5. Podcasts (Course-wide Content)
6. Narrated Slides (Chapter Content)
7. iPod Content (Chapter Content)
8. EOC Videos (Chapter Content)
- Define operations management, and differentiate between operations and manufacturing.
- Explain how operations management differs in manufacturing and service firms.
- Describe the elements involved in planning and designing an operations system.
- Specify some techniques managers may use to manage the logistics of transforming inputs into finished products.
- Assess the importance of quality in operations management.
- Evaluate a business's dilemma and propose a solution.