|Mercury and Venus|
Now the bright morning-star,John Milton
Comes dancing from the East...
Song on May Morning
|Questions to Explore:|
- Why does Mercury show a much wider
range of temperatures than the Earth
- What does the surface of Mercury tell us
about the history of the planet?
- Why is Mercury so dense?
- How has Mercury’s small diameter
influenced its internal evolution?
- Why is the atmosphere of Venus so much
hotter and thicker than that of the Earth?
- Does the surface of Venus show that the
same kinds of internal activity have
occurred on both Venus and the Earth?
- If Venus and the Earth began to evolve
under similar conditions, what accounts for
the large differences that exist today?