That life inhabits Mars now is the only rational deduction from the observations in our possession; the only one which is warranted by the facts.Percival Lowell, 1907
|Questions to Explore:|
- In what ways is Mars similar to the Earth
and in what ways is it different?
- What is the relationship between internal
activity and Mars’s spectacular surface
features such as its gigantic volcanos and
immense canyon system?
- What can we learn about the history of
Mars by studying its surface features?
- Has liquid water ever existed on Mars and,
if so, where is that water today?
- Has Mars’s atmosphere always been as
thin, dry, and cold as it is now?
- Is there any evidence of present or past life