|Jupiter and Saturn|
There appear on the surface of Jupiter certain bands darker than the rest of the disc, and they do not always preserve the same form...Christiaan Huygens, 1698
|Questions to Explore:|
- Why are the densities of Jupiter and
Saturn so low compared with the
- What makes the cloud patterns of Jupiter
and Saturn so colorful and complex?
- Why are the interior structures of Jupiter
and Saturn so different from those of the
- How did Jupiter and Saturn evolve to their
- What is the source of the internal energy
radiated away by Jupiter and Saturn?
- Why are the rings of Jupiter and Saturn so
thin compared with their diameters?
- How can we account for the complex
structure of the rings of Saturn?