|Binary Star Systems |
On with the dance! let joyByron
No sleep till morn, when
Youth and Pleasure meet
To chase the glowing hours with flying feet.
Childe Harold's Pilgrimage
|Questions to Explore:|
- How is it possible to tell that a point of
light in the sky is actually two stars rather
- How can we find masses and diameters for
- How do binary star systems form?
- How do the stars in a binary system
interact with each other?
- How do these interactions influence the
evolution of the stars?
- What causes novae and type I supernovae?
- Why are binary star systems often the
sources of bright, variable X-ray and
- Are there black holes in some binary