|Galaxy Clusters and the Structure of the Universe|
Our knowledge is a torch of smoky pineGeorge Santayana
That lights the pathway but one
Across a void of mystery and dread.
O World, Thou Choosest Not the Better Part
|Questions to Explore:|
- To what extent are galaxies found in
clusters rather than in isolation?
- Are galaxies in clusters different from
galaxies not in clusters?
- How did clusters of galaxies form?
- What evidence do we have that there is
dark matter between the galaxies in
- How are galaxies and clusters of galaxies
distributed in space?
- Why are there enormous voids in which
there are few galaxies?