Medical Assisting Review: Passing the CMA, RMA, and Other Exams, Third Edition, provides example questions for students to prepare for certification exams. This reference prepares students to take the exam with easy-to-read essential material summaries that highlight key areas of the major clinical and administrative parts of a Medical Assistant's program. Each of the chapters includes a series of 20 to 30 multiple choice quiz questions and a concise outline of key information. The CD-ROM included free in each book provides more than 1500 sample review questions as well as a PowerPoint presentation for additional student review. The review questions include rationales for answers and correlations to certification competencies. There is also a correlation to the textbook location where the information is covered.
New to this edition
- New chapter on General Psychology.
- Improved Student CD-ROM is easier to use.
- PowerPoint slides have been included on the CD-ROM.
- There is additional information about HIPAA and a section on communication and interviewing skills.
- The following sections are included: vital signs, medical terminology review, human disease, anatomy & physiology (especially the cardiovascular, endocrine, skeletal & muscle systems).
- A&P artwork, figures, photos & charts.
- This edition includes 1500 review questions. 750 questions at the end of each chapter, plus 750 questions at the end of the book. 1300 additional questions are found on the student CD.
Table of ContentsPart I Theory Review
Section 1 General Medical Assisting Knowledge
Part II Self-Evaluation
Chapter 1 The Profession of Medical Assisting
Section 2 Administrative Medical Assisting Knowledge
Chapter 2 Medical Terminology
Chapter 3 Anatomy and Physiology
Chapter 4 Pathophysiology
Chapter 5 Microbiology
Chapter 6 General Psychology
Chapter 7 Nutrition
Chapter 8 Medical Law and Ethics
Chapter 9 General Office Duties
Section 3 Clinical Medical Assisting Knowledge
Chapter 10 Communication in the Medical Office
Chapter 11 Keyboarding and Computer Applications
Chapter 12 Financial Management
Chapter 13 Medical Insurance
Chapter 14 Basic Coding
Chapter 15 Blood-Borne Pathogens and Principles of Asepsis
Chapter 16 Preparing the Patient
Chapter 17 Vital Signs and Measurement
Chapter 18 Pharmacology
Chapter 19 Administration of Medication
Chapter 20 Electrocardiography
Chapter 21 Radiology
Chapter 22 Physical Therapy
Chapter 23 Medical Emergencies and First Aid
Chapter 24 Laboratory Procedures
Section 1 Test for General Medical Assisting Knowledge Part III Self-Evaluation Answers and Rationales
Section 2 Test for Administrative Medical Assisting Knowledge
Section 3 Test for Clinical Medical Assisting Knowledge
Section 1 General Medical Assisting Knowledge Answers and Rationales
Section 2 Administrative Medical Assisting Knowledge Answers and Rationales
Section 3 Clinical Medical Assisting Knowledge Answers and Rationales