|Relationship Building: Direct Marketing, Personal Selling, and Sales Promotion|
Premium content available for purchase is identified in the left-hand Navigation Menu by the asterisk (*) which precedes the content name. Premium Content on this OLC includes:
1. AD Forum
2. Advertising Target Practice
After studying this chapter, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of relationship marketing and IMC.
- Define direct marketing and discuss its role in IMC.
- Explain the importance of databases to direct marketers.
- Discuss the role of personal selling in an IMC program.
- Describe the advantages and drawbacks of personal selling.
- Define sales promotion and discuss its importance as a communications tool.
- Identify the benefits and drawbacks of sales promotion.
- Explain the difference between push and pull strategies and give some tactical examples of each in sales promotion.
- Enumerate the various types of direct-mail advertising.
- Detail the various costs associated with direct-mail advertising.
- Assess which kinds of mailing lists are best.