|Special Issues in Training and Employee Development|
After reading this chapter, you should be able to
- Discuss the potential legal issues that relate to training.
- Develop a program for effectively managing diversity.
- Design a program for preparing for cross-cultural assignments.
- Make recommendations on steps to take to "melt the glass ceiling."
- Discuss what a trainer needs to do to ensure that school-to-work and hard-core–unemployed training programs are effective.
- Describe the necessary steps in a program for helping dysfunctional managers.
- Discuss the implications of a skill-based pay plan for training.