New to the Sixth Edition
- Revised Organization The authors have reorganized and subdivided several chapters to increase the focus on fundamentals of the subject matter and to let instructors more easily tailor the material to their specific course objectives. Engineering design is reintroduced as its own chapter, and engineering economy, statistics, mechanics, and energy are also given separate chapters.
- Coverage of New and Emerging Technologies. Bioengineering, nanotechnology, engineered materials, energy conservation and current "green" initiatives are covered and integrated into text when appropriate.
- McGraw-Hill's Create allows the instructor to build a set of materials that exactly fits their particular course. Material from Engineering Fundamentals and Problem Solving as well as the texts in our B.E.S.T. series for freshman engineering. Whether computational tools, technical writing, or engineering graphics, it can all be easily built into a traditional printed book or an e-book. Check the Create site or contact your sales representative for more information.
- Updated and Enhanced Problems. End-of-chapter problems have been updated and enhanced with a range of problems that may include computer use or teamwork. Additionally, problems relate to ABET requirements and preparing students for the FE exam.
- Companion Website contains the solutions manual, PowerPoint slides, and a customizable test bank.