|Process Selection and Facility Layout|
After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain the strategic importance of process selection.
- Describe the influence that process selection has on an organization.
- Compare the basic processing types.
- Explain the need for management of technology.
- List some reasons for redesign of layouts.
- Describe the basic layout types, and the main advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Solve simple line-balancing problems.
- Develop simple process layouts.