The authors write all of the supplements for McGraw-Hill's Taxation, including the Testbank, Solutions Manual, PowerPoints® and Instructor's Manual. Each supplement has been reviewed by the author team to ensure consistency with the text material and accuracy. With the author's personal involvement in each supplement, you can be assured that McGraw-Hill's Taxation's supplements are the same high quality as the book.
Instructor's Resource Manual
This manual provides for each chapter: (a) a chapter overview; (b) a comprehensive lecture outline; (c) a variety of suggested class activities (real world, ethics, professional development activities including research, analysis, communication and judgment, and others); and (d) an assignment chart indicating topic, learning objective, and difficulty for every question and problem.
The Solutions Manual includes detailed solutions for every question, problem, and comprehensive problem in the text.
This comprehensive Testbank contains over 2,500 problems and true/false, matching, multiple-choice, and essay questions.
The PowerPoint® slides are available on the Online Learning Center (OLC). Separate sets of PowerPoints® are available for instructors and students.
McGraw-Hill's Taxation can be packaged with tax software from TaxACT, one of the leading preparation software companies in the market today. The 2014 edition includes both Individuals and Business Entities software, including the 1040 forms and TaxACT Preparer's Business 3-Pack (with forms 1065, 1120, and 1120S).
McGraw-Hill's Connect Accounting is an online assignment and assessment solution that connects students with the tools and resources they'll need to achieve success. McGraw-Hill's Connect Accounting helps prepare students for their future by enabling faster learning, more efficient studying, and higher retention of knowledge. Connect Accounting offers a number of powerful tools and features to make managing assignments easier, so faculty can spend more time teaching. With Connect Accounting, students can engage with their coursework anytime and anywhere, making the learning process more accessible and efficient. Connect Accounting offers you the features described below.
The assignment management function enables instructors to:
• Create and deliver assignments easily with selectable end-of-chapter questions and test bank items.
• Streamline lesson planning, student progress reporting, and assignment grading to make classroom management more efficient than ever.
• Go paperless with the eBook and online submission and grading of student assignments.
The grading function enables instructors to:
• Use algorithmically generated numbers for selected problems. This feature allows each student to complete an individualized problem, with customized explanations of each calculation.
• Have assignments scored automatically, giving students immediate feedback on their work.
• Access and review each response; manually change grades or leave comments for students to review.
• Reinforce classroom concepts with practice tests and instant quizzes.
The Connect Accounting Instructor Library includes eBook, PowerPoints, and online quizzes.
The Connect Accounting Student Library offers students quick access to lectures, practice materials, eBook, and more, and provides instant practice material and study questions, easily accessible on the go.
McGraw-Hill's Connect®Plus Taxation
A seamless integration of an eBook and Connect Accounting, Connect Plus Taxation provides all of the Connect Accounting features plus the following:
• An integrated eBook, allowing for anytime, anywhere access to the textbook.
• Dynamic links between the problems or questions you assign to your students and the location in the eBook where that problem or question is covered.
• A powerful search function to pinpoint and connect key concepts in a snap.
CourseSmart.comKaplan CPA Simulations
CourseSmart is a new way to find and buy eTextbooks. At CourseSmart you can save up to 40% off the cost of a print textbook, reduce your impact on the environment, and gain access to powerful Web tools for learning. CourseSmart has the largest selection of eTextbooks available anywhere, offering thousands of the most commonly adopted textbooks from a wide variety of higher education publishers. CourseSmart eTextbooks are available in one standard online reader with full text search, notes and highlighting, and email tools for sharing notes between classmates.
The McGraw-Hill Companies and Kaplan have teamed up to bring students CPA simulations to test their knowledge of the concepts discussed in various chapters, practice critical professional skills necessary for career success, and prepare for the computer based CPA exam.
Kaplan CPA Review provides a broad selection of Web-based simulations that were modeled after the AICPA format. Exam candidates need to practice with simulations prior to their exam day to become familiar with the item format, the research database, and the spreadsheet and word processing software used exclusively on the CPA exam (not Excel or Word). Practice with the Kaplan CPA Review simulations will ensure that the candidate is familiar with the functionality of the simulations, including the tabs, icons, screens, and tools used on the exam.
The online learning center for Spilker includes:
- Self-grading quizzes
- Kaplan Schweser CPA Simulations for selected chapters
- Tax forms
- Student PowerPoint® Presentations
- Text updates
A secured Instructor Resource Center stores your essential course materials to save you prep time before class. The Instructor Center includes:
- Instructor's Resource Manual
- Solutions Manual
- Instructor PowerPoint® Presentations
- EZ Test Online
- Sample syllabi