Students learn how Peachtree and fundamental accounting principles, procedures, and business processes work together.
Bellwether Garden Supply project online at www.mhhe.com/yacht2012.
Peachtree's modular system design is explained—including how the user interface is organized into general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, payroll, and job costing.
Accounting Information Systems appendix defines AIS and compares Peachtree to other accounting software applications.
In every chapter, students export Peachtree reports to Excel and save reports as PDF files.
Students complete Assessment Rubrics to review software features and accounting principles, procedures, and business processes.
Flash videos and feature quizzes review Peachtree's user interface.
Watch YouTube videos at http://www.youtube.com/PeachtreeBySage.
Chapters include Analysis Questions, Assessment Rubrics, and Check Your Progress.
Online Learning Center includes source-document practice set and question/answer templates.
Students create 12 companies from scratch.
Backup and restore data from a USB drive.
More backups included on the password-protected instructor resources website and Instructor's Resource CD. Instructors can begin students with starting data. For example, there are backups for the Chart of Accounts and Beginning Balances. Each Part introduction shows the page number where backups are completed.
New Software Features:
- Student version of Peachtree Complete Accounting 2012 included with every textbook. Before installing the student version software, obtain a serial number at www.peachtree.com/student/regi. The student version is accessible for 14 months.
- Academic Site License for FREE classroom multiuser version of Peachtree Complete Accounting 2012 educational version at www.mhhe.com/yacht2012, link to Academic Site License.
- Payroll tax tables for 50 states are included in PCA 2012, student version (software included with textbook) and educational version (academic site licensed version for classroom). Example payroll withholdings are included in Chapter 4, Employees; Chapter 15, Employees, Payroll, and Account Reconciliation; Exercise 15-1, Student Name Sales and Service; Project 2, Sports Emporium; and Project 4, BR Manufacturing, Inc.
- Workflow diagrams illustrate Peachtree's system design.
- Accounting software diagram illustrates where Peachtree fits into the range of accounting software applications.
- Open multiple companies.
- User Interface includes a Navigation Bar with Business Status; Customers & Sales; Vendors & Purchases; Inventory & Services; Employees & Payroll; Banking; System.
- Navigation centers to access information and record transactions; drill down to lists, reports, setup windows, and graphs.
- In every chapter, Peachtree reports are exported to Excel and saved as PDF files.
- Comparative budget spreadsheet creator.
- Create letter templates wizard.
- Sales tax wizard.
- Improved audit trail, security features and roles, and internal controls.
- Daily customer balances on Sales & Customers windows.
- Custom date-range filtering and enhanced report options.
- Restore Wizard lets you restore An Existing Company or A New Company.
- Smart sort for account identification.
- Auto-complete text fields and spell check.
- Internal accounting review.
- E-mail reports, financial statements, and add attachments.
- Design tools for report customization.
- Easy-to-use check register.
- Vendor payment terms are tracked in the cost of sales account, Purchase Discounts.
- Automatically create IDs.
New Textbook and Online Learning Center Features:
- All chapters include Learning Objectives.
- All chapters include exporting Peachtree reports to Excel
- All chapters include saving reports as PDF files.
- All chapters include an Index.
- Watch YouTube videos at http://www.youtube.com/PeachtreeBySage to learn about features and obtain tips.
- Watch Peachtree Complete 2012 videos at http://www.peachtree.com/productsservices/complete/WhatsNew.
- Question/Answer templates at www.mhhe.com/yacht2012.
- Assessment rubrics at www.mhhe.com/yacht2012.
- Each chapter has students check the appropriate place in Peachtree's data. This icon— (0.0K)—reminds students to check.
- File Management section explains where Peachtree data is stored using Windows 7, Vista, or XP.
- Check Your Figures included in every chapter.
- Narrated PowerPoint slides for every chapter at www.mhhe.com/yacht2012. Student Edition and Instructor Edition links. PowerPoints include analysis questions and assessment rubrics.
- Watch flash, demonstration videos that review key software features at www.mhhe.com/yacht2012. The textbook uses this icon— (0.0K)—to indicate there is a flash video.
- Feature quizzes online at www.mhhe.com/yacht2012. From the online learning center, link to Student Edition, select a chapter, then link to Feature Quiz. Each quiz is graded and students can also review their work. Feature quizzes include user interface questions, matching, and multiple choice.
- All textbook screen captures and detailed steps are compatible with Peachtree Complete Accounting 2012, Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP operating systems and Microsoft Office 2003-2010.
- Peachtree Complete Accounting 2012 is compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Microsoft Office 2003-2010.
- Each chapter includes an analysis question providing students with additional review of subject matter and business processes.
- Assessment rubrics in Chapters 1-18 review accounting and software's user interface.
- Chapter 1, Introduction to Bellwether Garden Supply, includes Peachtree's Navigation Centers and Restore Wizard for opening new or existing companies.
- Chapter 2, Vendors, shows students how to view accounts payable lists and reports from the Vendors & Payables Navigation Center. New sections include Receive Inventory from a Purchase Order and Apply to Purchase Order. Explanation of Peachtree's accounts payable system.
- Chapter 3, Customers, shows students how to view customer lists and reports from the Customers & Sales Navigation Center. New sections include Sales Orders and Ship Items from a Sales Order. Explanation of Peachtree's accounts receivable system.
- Chapter 5, General Ledger, Inventory and Internal Control, shows students Peachtree's budget feature and includes Peachtree's security features, internal controls and audit trail. Explanation of Peachtree's inventory system.
- Chapter 8, Stone Arbor Landscaping--Time and Billing, includes expanded end-of-chapter exercises for recording time and billing transactions, including apply time tickets to sales and payroll.
Part 2 includes three chapters: Chapter 9, New Company Setup and Beginning Balances; Chapter 10, Maintaining Accounting Records for Service Businesses; Chapter 11, Completing Quarterly Activities & Closing the Fiscal Year.
- Chapter 9, Maintaining Records for Service Businesses, students set up two service businesses. Students use Peachtree's enhanced account reconciliation and Excel export feature. More solution backups allow instructors to choose whether they want to begin students with starting data.
- New comprehensive projects 1, Susan Babbage, Accounting; and 1A, Student-Designed Service Business, review work completed in Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Part 3 includes four chapters, Chapters 12 through 15.
- New Project 2, Sports Emporium, is a comprehensive project that reviews Chapters 12 through 15.
- Chapter 15, Employees, Payroll and Account Reconciliation, shows Peachtree's payroll system using two states (Arizona and Georgia) as an example for payroll withholdings. Students set up payroll defaults, add employee information, learn about automatic payroll tax calculations, and complete payroll entry. Account reconciliation shows students how Peachtree's Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and General Ledger systems work together. Chapter 15 includes account reconciliation for both the checking and payroll accounts.
- Chapter 18, Microsoft Word and Templates, includes copying reports to Word, using templates, the write letters feature, and using Peachtree's Knowledge Center. Chapter 18 includes new end-of-chapter exercises.
- New comprehensive projects 3, 4, and 4A review work completed in Chapters 1-18, including payroll tax withholdings using Peachtree's example payroll withholdings.
- Student set up 12 new service, retail, nonprofit, and manufacturing businesses from scratch.
- Appendix B, Accounting Information Systems, defines AIS and compares Peachtree's user interface and modular system design to other accounting software applications.
- Appendix D, Glossary of accounting software terms.
- Visit the Online Learning Center, www.mhhe.com/yacht2012, for additional teaching and learning resources.
MORE BACKUPS, PDFs AND EXCEL FILES – See each Part's introduction
PART 1, CHAPTERS 1-8: Introduction to Peachtree Complete Accounting 2012, pages 1-274
For an overview of Part 1, refer to pages 1 and 2. Page 2 includes a chart showing chapter numbers, files backed up, Excel and PDF files saved, file sizes, and correlated textbook page numbers.
PART 2, CHAPTERS 9, 10, 11, PROJECTS 1, 1A: Peachtree Complete Accounting 2012 for Service Businesses, pages 275-424
For an overview of Part 2, refer to pages 275-278. Pages 277-278 includes a chart showing chapter numbers, files backed up, Excel and PDF files saved, file sizes, and correlated textbook page numbers.
PART 3, CHAPTERS 12, 13, 14, 15, PROJECTS 2, 2A: Peachtree Complete Accounting 2012 for Merchandising Businesses, pages 425-654
For an overview of Part 3, refer to pages 425-428. Pages 426-428 includes a chart showing chapter numbers, files backed up, Excel and PDF files saved, file sizes, and correlated textbook page numbers.
PART 4, CHAPTERS 16, 17, 18, PROJECTS 3, 4, 4A: Advanced Peachtree Complete Accounting 2012 Applications, pages 655-752
For an overview of Part 4, refer to pages 655-656. Page 656 includes a chart showing chapter numbers, files backed up, Excel and PDF files saved, file sizes, and correlated textbook page numbers.
Appendix A: Troubleshooting – also at www.mhhe.com/yacht2012, pages 753-760
Appendix B: Accounting Information Systems, pages 761-770
Appendix C: Review of Accounting Principles, pages 771-778
Appendix D: Glossary - also at www.mhhe.com/yacht2012, pages 779-794
Index, pages 795-804