|The History of the Study of Intercultural Communication|
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify four early foci in the development of intercultural communication.
- Describe three approaches to the study of intercultural communication.
- Identify the methods used within each of the three approaches.
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of each approach.
- Identify three characteristics of the dialectical approach.
- Explain the strengths of a dialectical approach.
- Identify six intercultural communication dialectics.