- Students learn how Peachtree and fundamental accounting principles, procedures, and business processes work together.
- Peachtree's modular system design is explained—including how the user interface is organized into general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, payroll, and job costing.
- Accounting Information Systems appendix defines AIS and compares Peachtree to other accounting software applications.
- In every chapter, students export Peachtree reports to Excel.
- Students complete Assessment Rubrics to review software features and accounting principles, procedures, and business processes.
- Flash videos and feature quizzes review Peachtree's user interface.
- Watch YouTube videos on Peachtree's website.
- Chapters include Analysis Questions, Assessment Rubrics, and Check Your Progress.
- Online Learning Center includes additional projects and question/answer templates.
- Students create 12 companies from scratch.
- More backups included on the password-protected instructor resources website and Instructor's Resource CD. Instructors can begin students with starting data; for example, there are backups for the Chart of Accounts and Beginning Balances. Each Part introduction shows the page number where backups are completed.
New Software Features:
- Full version of Peachtree Complete Accounting 2011 included with every textbook. Software update reminders included at startup and on the Services menu. Registration is required after starting the software 5 times. After software registration, schools receive support at 800-609-4012. Individual, student support is at the discretion of Sage Software.
- After a few times of starting Peachtree, a Register Peachtree Accounting window appears. Or, from the menu bar, select Help; Peachtree Registration. After installing Peachtree, to obtain a Registration Number and Customer ID, call 800-388-4697, 8:30am to 8:00pm, Monday – Friday, Eastern Time (outside the United States, call 770-492-6333). Online registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.peachtree.com/register.
- Software installation, including serial number, at the beginning of textbook, pages v-xi.
- Software License Agreement is included on Help Menu for standalone and multi-user installations.
- Open multiple companies.
- User Interface includes a Navigation Bar with Business Status; Customers & Sales; Vendors & Purchases; Inventory & Services; Employees & Payroll; Banking; Company.
- Navigation centers to access information and record transactions; drill down to lists, reports, setup windows, and graphs.
- Enhanced Excel Integration. In every chapter, Peachtree reports are exported to Excel.
- Comparative budget spreadsheet creator.
- Create letter templates wizard.
- Sales tax wizard.
- Improved audit trail, security features and roles, and internal controls.
- Daily customer balances on Sales & Customers windows.
- Custom date-range filtering and enhanced report options.
- Restore Wizard lets you restore An Existing Company or A New Company.
- Smart sort for account identification.
- Auto-complete text fields and spell check.
- Internal accounting review.
- E-mail reports, financial statements, and add attachments.
- Design tools for report customization.
- Easy-to-use check register.
- Vendor payment terms are tracked in the cost of sales account, Purchase Discounts.
- Automatically create IDs.
New Textbook and Online Learning Center Features:
- All chapters include Learning Objectives.
- All chapters include exporting Peachtree reports to Excel.
- All chapters include an Index.
- Watch videos at http://peachtree2011.com to learn about features and obtain tips.
- Question/Answer templates at www.mhhe.com/yacht2011.
- Assessment rubrics at www.mhhe.com/yacht2011.
- Each chapter has students check the appropriate place in Peachtree's data. This icon— (0.0K)—reminds students to check.
- File Management section explains where Peachtree data is stored using Windows 7, Vista, or XP.
- Check Your Figures included in every chapter.
- PowerPoint slides for every chapter at www.mhhe.com/yacht2011. Student Edition and Instructor Edition links. PowerPoints include analysis questions and assessment rubrics.
Watch flash videos to review key software features at www.mhhe.com/yacht2011. The textbook uses this icon— (0.0K)
—to indicate there is a flash video.
- Feature quizzes review Peachtree's user interface online at www.mhhe.com/yacht2011. From the online learning center, link to Student Edition, select a chapter, then link to Feature Quiz. Each quiz is graded and students can also review their work.
- All textbook screen captures and detailed steps are compatible with Peachtree Complete Accounting 2011, Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP operating systems and Microsoft Office 2003-2010.
- Peachtree Complete Accounting 2011 is compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Microsoft Office 2003-2010.
- Each chapter includes an analysis question providing students with additional review of subject matter and business processes.
- Assessment rubrics in Chapters 2-18 review accounting and software's user interface.
- Chapter 1, Introduction to Bellwether Garden Supply, includes Peachtree's Navigation Centers and Restore Wizard for opening new or existing companies.
- Chapter 2, Vendors, shows students how to view accounts payable lists and reports from the Vendors & Payables Navigation Center. New sections include Receive Inventory from a Purchase Order and Apply to Purchase Order. Explanation of Peachtree's accounts payable system.
- Chapter 3, Customers, shows students how to view customer lists and reports from the Customers & Sales Navigation Center. New sections include Sales Orders and Ship Items from a Sales Order. Explanation of Peachtree's accounts receivable system.
- Chapter 5, General Ledger, Inventory and Internal Control, shows students Peachtree's budget feature and includes Peachtree's security features, internal controls and audit trail. Explanation of Peachtree's inventory system.
- Part 2 includes three chapters: Chapter 9, New Company Setup and Beginning Balances; Chapter 10, Maintaining Accounting Records for Service Businesses; Chapter 11, Completing Quarterly Activities & Closing the Fiscal Year.
- Chapter 9, Maintaining Records for Service Businesses, students set up two service businesses. Students use Peachtree's enhanced account reconciliation and Excel export feature. More solution backups allow instructors to choose whether they want to begin students with starting data.
- New comprehensive projects 1 and 1A review work completed in Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
- Part 3 includes four chapters, Chapters 12 through 15.
- New Project 2, Georgia Sports, is a comprehensive project that reviews Chapters 12 through 15.
- Chapter 14, Employees, Payroll and Account Reconciliation, shows students how to use Peachtree's payroll system and reconcile accounts. Account reconciliation shows students how Peachtree's Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and General Ledger systems work together.
- Chapter 18, Microsoft Word and Templates, includes copying reports to Word, using templates, the write letters feature, and using Peachtree's Knowledge Center. New comprehensive projects 3, 4, and 4A review work completed in Chapters 1-18.
- Student set up 11 new service, retail, nonprofit, and manufacturing businesses from scratch.
- Appendix B, Accounting Information Systems, defines AIS and compares Peachtree's user interface and modular system design to other accounting software applications.
- Appendix D, Glossary of accounting software terms.
- Visit the Online Learning Center, www.mhhe.com/yacht2011, for additional teaching and learning resources.
MORE BACKUPS – See each Part's introduction
PART 1, CHAPTERS 1-8: Introduction to Peachtree Complete Accounting 2011, pages 1-276
For an overview of Part 1, refer to pages 1 and 2. Page 2 includes a chart showing chapter numbers, files backed up and saved, file sizes, and correlated textbook page numbers.
PART 2, CHAPTERS 9, 10, 11, PROJECTS 1, 1A: Peachtree Complete Accounting 2011 for Service Businesses, pages 277-430
For an overview of Part 2, refer to pages 277-280. Pages 279-280 includes a chart showing chapter numbers, files backed up and saved, file sizes, and correlated textbook page numbers.
PART 3, CHAPTERS 12, 13, 14, 15, PROJECTS 2, 2A: Peachtree Complete Accounting 2011 for Merchandising Businesses, pages 431-666
For an overview of Part 3, refer to pages 431-433. Pages 432-433 includes a chart showing chapter numbers, files backed up and saved, file sizes, and correlated textbook page numbers.
PART 4, CHAPTERS 16, 17, 18, PROJECTS 3, 4, 4A: Advanced Peachtree Complete Accounting 2011 Applications, pages 667-766
For an overview of Part 4, refer to pages 667-668. Page 668 includes a chart showing chapter numbers, files backed up and saved, file sizes, and correlated textbook page numbers.
Appendix A: Troubleshooting – also at www.mhhe.com/yacht2011, pages 767-774
Appendix B: Accounting Information Systems, pages 775-784
Appendix C: Review of Accounting Principles, pages 785-792
Appendix D: Glossary - also at www.mhhe.com/yacht2011, pages 793-808
Index, pages 808-818