|The Corporation and Its Stakeholders|
Chapter ObjectivesThis Chapter Focuses on These Key Learning Objectives:
- Understanding the relationship between business and society and the ways in which business and society are part of an interactive system.
- Considering the purpose of the modern corporation.
- Knowing what a stakeholder is and who a corporation's market and nonmarket stakeholders are.
- Conducting a stakeholder analysis and understanding the basis of stakeholder interests and power.
- Recognizing the diverse ways in which modern corporations organize internally to interact with various stakeholders.
- Analyzing the forces of change that continually reshape the business and society relationship.