Biology, Eighth Edition (Raven)
The Tree of Life
Learning OutcomesChapter 26
- Understand the properties that are both necessary and sufficient to describe life.
- Know the experimental evidence that supports the evolution of carbon based life on earth.
- Describe the changes that have occurred in the earth’s atmosphere over the last 4.5 billion years.
- Explain the importance of biological bubbles to the origin of cells.
- Compare and contrast fossil bacteria, archaebacteria, and other present day eubacteria.
- Know how eukaryotes differ from prokaryotes.
- Delineate the current six kingdom system of classification.
- Be able to support or refute the existence of life elsewhere in the universe.