|New to this edition:
- The authors emphasize a hands-on approach for implementation-based problems and exercises and include expanded coverage of language design principles and trade-offs.
- Introduces Clite (C Lite), a subset of the language C, as a basis for illustrating the principles of language design.
- Includes both modern and historical example languages, including C, Ada, Perl, Java, Smalltalk, Python, Scheme, Haskell, and Prolog
- The authors' approach offers unique coverage of event-handling, concurrent programming and program correctness, with special chapters on each of these topics.
- Flexibile organization and coverage gives instructors the option of adding implementation-based coverage to the principles chapters via optional companion chapters.