1. Give three examples of how nucleic acid sequencing data have challenged traditional taxonomic classifications of protista.
2. How are the jakobids and the choanoflagellates of evolutionary importance?
3. Name an organism that uses each form of locomotion:a. beating ciliab. amoeboid motionc. flagella movement
4. Name the storage carbohydrates found in plants, diatoms, and green algae.
5. For each of the following structures, cite at least one type of organisms that has it:a. trichocystsb. plaomodiumc. frustulesd. apical complexe. kinetoplastf. pellicleg. pyrenoidh. cysti. laminarinj. pseudopod
6. Name three types of pigments found in protista, and list an organism that has each.
7. Which protista causes each of the following diseases?a. malariab. grape downy mildewc. amochic dysenteryd. late blight of potatoe. African sleeping sicknessf. toxoplasmosisg. whirling diseaseh. leishmaniasisi. hiker’s diarrheaClick Here For The AnswersAdditional Questions
1. Protista are small, and some cause disease. This is true of bacteria too. How are protista different from bacteria?
2. Why is it incorrect to blame the Irish potato famine on fungus?
Click Here for the Answers