1. What units are used to measure energy?
2. What are some sources of energy?
3. Give one example of potential energy and one example of kinetic energy.
4. Cite everyday illustrations of the first and second laws of thermodynamics. How do these principles underlie every organism's ability to function?
5. Give an example of entrophy.
6. Why isn't heat energy usuable?
7. State three differences between anabolic and catabolic reactions.
8. State the differences between endergonic and exergonic reactions.
9. What is chemical equilibrium?
10. Why are oxidation and reduction reactions linked?
11. Cite three reasons why ATP is an excellent source of biological energy.
12. Why do ATP, NAD+, NADP+, and FAD have in common chemically?
13. How does an enzyme speed a chemical reaction?
14. Cite three ways that the product of a biochemical pathway can control its own rate of synthesis. Click here for Answers