1. Describe how and at which point each of the following compounds fits into or assists in the energy pathways: a. coenzyme A b. FADH2 c. pyruvic acid d. ATP synthase e. Fructose-1, 6-bisphosphate
2. How is the structure of a mitochondrion adapted to its function?
3. Why don't NADH and FADH2 in the electron transport chain directly donate electrons to oxygen?
4. Cite two controls over levels of phosphofructokinase, an enzyme that functions in glycolysis.
5. Explain how a eukaryote's metabolism of a single glucose molecule might yield 30 ATP molecules. Why is the total number of 30 theoretical?
6. Why would lack of oxygen completely inhibit the Krebs cycle and the electron transport chain but not glycolysis? Click Here For The Answers