1. What is the evidence that sexual reproduction has been successful?
2. Distinguish among asexual reproduction, parthenogenesis, and sexual reproduction.
3. Describe how a plant life cycle may include a haploid and a diploid phase.
4. What are the two main events of a sexual life cycle?
5. Why is conjugation sexual but not reproductive?
6. Define the following terms:a. crossing overb. gametec. haploidd. homologe. synapsisf. diploid
7. How many sets of chromosomes are present in each of the following cell types?a. an oogoniumb. a primary spermatocytec. a spermatidd. a secondary oocytee. a polar body derived from a primary oocyte
8. How are the timetables different for oogenesis and spermatogenesis in humans?Click Here For The Answers
1. Why must human gametes be haploid?
2. How does a human oocyte rid itself of excess genetic material? How does a human sperm shed excess cytoplasm?
Click Here For The Answers