(See related pages)
- Describe differences in the emphasis placed on different components of moral development from different theoretical perspectives.
- Explain and evaluate Piaget and Kohlberg's theories of moral development and be able to compare and contrast the two theories.
- Describe children's understanding of violations of social conventions, citing current research findings.
- Discuss the relationship between moral judgment and moral behavior.
- Outline the development of self-control and various factors that influence its development.
- Describe the development of altruism and prosocial behavior, including changes in eliciting cues and expressions. Discuss biological and environmental determinants of prosocial development.
- Discuss the relationship between prosocial and moral reasoning.
- Describe parents' roles in promoting altruistic behavior.
- Discuss the relationships between empathy, perspective taking, and altruism.
- Trace developmental changes in aggression, including gender differences and the stability of aggression. Discuss the role of biology in aggression.
- Identify influences on aggression, including parental practices and control techniques used by others.