1. How does a virus differ from:a. a cell?b. a toxin?c. a prion?d. a viroid?
2. What are the four types of nucleic acids in viruses?
3. Describe how a virus’s envelope can include lipid molecules that are also part of host cell membranes.
4. Distinguish between lysis, latency, and lysogeny.
5. Explain how different viruses can affect different parts of a multicellular organism’s body?
6. Why is a virus that causes an illness in a pet turtle unlikely to cause illness in the turtle’s owner?
7. What event would make a zoonosis extremely dangerous?
8. What are the causes ofa. kurub. BSEc. monkeypoxd. AIDS
9. What are two ways in which prions are similar to viruses?Click Here For The Answers
1. Describe the events of a lytic viral infection.
2. How is it possible that we can have viral nucleic acid sequences in our cells, yet not be suffering from an active infection?
3. Explain the role of pigs in the generation of new types of influenza viruses?
4. Describe the difference between inheriting and acquiring a prion disease.
Click Here For The Answers