|1. Identify each structure drawn below from this list:
a. myceliumb. ascusc. zoospored. nonseptate hyphae. basidium with basidiosporesf. septate hyphag. zygospore (50.0K) |
2. What characteristics do all types of fungi share?
3. List the characteristics that distinguish the four phyla of fungi.
4. Distinguish between:a. nonseptate and septate hyphaeb. a yeast and a myceliumc. an ascomycete and a basiodiomyceted. ectomycorrhizae and endomycorrhizaee. a saprotroph and a parasitef. a zoospore and a zygosporeg. diploid and dikaryotic
5. Give an example of reclassification of a fungus based on molecular evidence.Click Here For The Answers
1. To which other kingdoms are the fungi most closely related?
2. Which type of fungus causes:a. Valley feverb. Chestnut blightc. Black wart of potatoesd. Histoplasmosise. Amphibian deathsf. Thrushg. Dutch elm disease
3. Name a fungus that has:a. Nonseptate hyphaeb. A flagellumc. Basidiad. Zygosporese. Ascif. Dikaryotic hyphae
4. What is yeast?
5. How is the fungal mode of nutrition different from that of plants and animals?
Click Here For The Answers