|1. Identify and describe the four basic tissue types.2. State the type of epithelium illustrated below: (67.0K)
3. What is homeostasis and why is it important?4. Distinguish between:|
a. neurons and neurgliab. negative and positive feedbackc. an axon and a dendrite
5. What are two ways that the integuments of a fish and a deer differ?Click Here For The Answers
1. What are the two criteria used to distinguish types of epithelium?
2. Match the following cell types and structures to the tissues they are part of:
|Cell Types|| ||Tissue|
|a. platelets|| ||(1) cartilage|
|b. chondrocytes|| ||(2) blood|
|c. neurons|| ||(3) loose connective tissue|
|d. osteocytes|| ||(4) muscle|
|e. fibroblasts|| ||(5) adipose tissue|
|f. neuroglia|| ||(6) bone|
|g. adipocytes|| ||(7) nervous tissue|
|h. actin and myosin filaments|| ||(8) dense connective tissue|
|i. melanocytes|| ||(9) epithelium|
3. State the tissues that include the following proteins:a. Collagen and elastin.b. Actin and myosin.c. Keratin.
4. Describe where collagen, keratin, and laminin are located within human skin.
5. How are hair follicles and feather follicles similar and how are they different?
6. Indicate whether each of the following procedures is an autograft, isograft, allograft, or xenograft:a. A nerve from a rat’s leg patches its damaged spinal cord.b. A parent donates a part of the small intestine to her child, who has an incomplete intestine.c. Cow cartilage replaces a man’s damaged knee cartilage.d. A young woman receives a kidney from a man who was killed in a car accident and is not a relative.e. A woman donates an ovary to her identical twin.
Click Here For The Answers