1. How does the fact that the Earth is a sphere tilted on its axis influence the distribution of life?
2. Describe the zones of a(n):a. lakeb. oceanc. mangrove swamp
3. What are the sources of energy in the various zones of the ocean?
4. List adaptations that enable organisms to survive conditions in the following biomes:a. tropical rain forestb. tropical dry forestc. savannad. temperate grasslande. tundraf. desertg. taiga
5. How can the tropical rain forest support diverse and abundant life with such poor soil?
6. What is permafrost?
7. How does photosynthetic activity differ in the zones of a lake?Click Here For The Answers
1. Compare and contrast the challenges that alternating dry and wet conditions pose to organisms living in:a. The intertidal zone.b. A tropical savanna.c. A river.
2. Distinguish between vertical stratification and thermal stratification.
3. What do fall and spring turnover and upwelling have in common? How do they differ?
Click Here For The Answers