|Functions of the Peripheral Circulation|
1. List the functions of the peripheral circulation.
|General Features of Blood Vessel Structure|
2. Describe the structure and function of arteries, capillaries, and veins.
3. Describe the changes that occur in arteries as they age.
|Blood Vessels of the Pulmonary Circulation|
4. Describe the blood vessels of the pulmonary circulation.
|Blood Vessels of the Systemic Circulation: Arteries|
5. List the major arteries that supply each of the major body areas and describe their functions.
|Blood Vessels of the Systemic Circulation: Veins|
6. List the major veins that carry blood from each of the major body areas and describe their functions.
|Physiology of Circulation|
7. Explain how blood pressure and resistance to flow change as blood flows through the blood vessels.
8. Describe the exchange of material across the capillary wall.
|Local Control of Blood Vessels|
9. Explain how local control mechanisms control blood flow.
|Nervous Control of Blood Vessels|
10. Explain how nervous mechanisms control blood flow.
|Regulation of Arterial Pressure|
11. Describe the short-term and long-term mechanisms that regulate arterial pressure.
|Age-Related Changes in Blood Vessels|
12. Describe the effects of aging on blood vessels.