(See related pages)
- Describe the process of gender typing, including learning gender roles and gender stereotypes.
- Describe current gender role standards and stereotypes, and discuss how these vary over time and across cultures.
- Identify gender differences in development, including the real, equivocal, and mythical differences discussed in the chapter.
- Explain the developmental patterns of gendertyping, and discuss how gender-typed interests and gender roles change across the life course.
- Detail the role of biological factors in the development of gender roles.
- Discuss the role of cognitive factors in the development of gender roles, including cognitive developmental and gender-schema theories.
- Discuss various social and situational factors that contribute to gender-role typing, including the family, parental characteristics, media, peers, and teachers.
- Explain the concept of androgyny and how it has been studied.