· NEW! Five new chapters on Web Engineering (Part 3 of the book) present
a complete engineering approach for the formulation, planning, analysis, design,
and testing of Web Applications.
· NEW! Two new chapters consider requirements engineering and design
engineering in detail.
· NEW! A new chapter considers agile process models including
Extreme Programming and other methods.
· NEW! Extended and updated coverage in many chapters addresses the
Unified Process (and UML), the CMMI, software engineering patterns (for process,
analysis, design and testing), use-cases, component-level design strategies,
OCL, goal-oriented software metrics, project management, SQA, and SCM issues,
and many other important topics.
· NEW! The new modular organization allows instructors to use the book
for a course that fits their need. Some of emphases supported by this organization
are a "e;design course,"e; a "e;survey course,"e; "e;management
course,"e; and a "e;web engineering course."e;
· NEW! A running case study has been added to the sixth edition. It
applies software engineering concepts to industry situations. The case study
is further expanded as part of the SEPA, 6/e Web site.
· NEW! New sidebars have been added to give students additional information
on selected topics, suggestions for relevant software tools, and descriptions
of workflow for various software engineering tasks.
· NEW! The coverage of UML (Unified Modeling Language) has been significantly
enhanced for the sixth edition.