Biology, Eighth Edition (Raven)
Learning OutcomesChapter 28
- Differentiate and compare prokaryotes versus eukaryotes.
- Differentiate and compare archaebacteria with bacteria.
- Know the features and functions of structures found in bacteria.
- Understand why mutation is important to the genetic diversity of bacteria.
- Differentiate among photosynthetic, chemoautotrophic, and heterotrophic bacteria in terms of how they obtain energy.
- Illustrate the importance of bacteria as pathogens.
- Illustrate the importance of the benefits of bacteria in the ecosystem, genetic engineering and as biofactories.
- Discuss the role of bacteria in biterrorism.