Biology, Eighth Edition (Raven)
Plant Defense Responses
Learning OutcomesChapter 40
- Know the physical and physiological adaptations that naturally protect plants against predation, invasion, and parasitism by other species.
- Name and describe the metabolic adaptations that protect some plants from various stresses.
- Describe why research on potential human benefits of secondary plant metabolites is difficult to perform.
- Explain the gene for gene hypothesis, and relate it to HR.
- Describe some examples of interspecies coevolution of mutually beneficial survival strategies.