Biology, Eighth Edition (Raven)
Learning OutcomesChapter 31
- Understand why fungi are not classified with plants.
- Understand how fungi are fundamentally different from other living organisms.
- Understand the reproductive uniqueness of the fungi.
- Compare and contrast the four phyla of fungi.
- Describe a typical life cycle of all four fungal phyla.
- Understand the difference between the terms: monokaryotic versus dikaryotic.
- Understand the difference between homokaryotic and heterokaryotic.
- Know how yeasts differ from other fungi.
- Know what important symbiotic relationships exist between fungi and other organisms.